Friday, November 10, 2006

The new roof





I have suffered leaks in the roof of this house since the first day. The prior owners told me that they had fixed them. Well their idea of fixing a roof and mine differ. I don't think a bucket under a leak is fixing it. I tried fixing that leak and later found some serious leaks in the wash room that as time went by just got bigger and more troublesome.

Finally I gave up trying to repair the leaks myself and called a man I know that fixes such things and had him come over and replace the whole roof. I figure that with the new roof I would avoid more problems coming up if I just patched the roof.

So here are the photos of the roof going on and after the job was completed what do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! That red contrasts nicely with the white to a pleasing effect. I'm really impressed with all of the work you have done.

Donna. W said...

I love it!

Peggy said...

Next time it rains can I sleep at your house? Love it!

Christine said...

I love the red roof! It looks wonderful with the white house.

You have done a great job updating the farm- great accomplishment!

When I grow up I want to be just like you! :-)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen (or should I say noticed) a red roof but this one looks like a very cheerful roof. Hope you enjoy it for many long years to come.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You roof is wonderful. It will keep you dry for the rest of your life. The colour is wonderful and reminds me of the roofs in countries in Southern Countries.

Anonymous said...

delicious. Looks amazing. I always love reading of your farm adventures. Thanks for sharing.

Diane

david santos said...

I love it!

"Só Verdades" Portugal

Veronica said...

The new roof reminds me of the old farm house on my Grandfathers farm in Pennsylvania. I spent many wonderful summers there during my youth. Blessings, Veronica