Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What a mess


Moving is such a pain in the ***. I have moved many, many times and I still haven't gotten used to it. The house is a mess. I know it will look better after the 'stuff' is in the truck but until then I have to live in the clutter and confusion.

I am worried that some important document will be lost or mislaid some how and I will be in a panic trying to find it.

Details, lots and lots of details, I have to close accounts and change addresses in so many places and of course it all has to be done now. Aaack, where's my panic button! Of course I have already packed stuff that I shouldn't have ....yadda yadda ....sigh I guess it all will work out somehow, it always does. I am having my last photo taken today in uniform. This is like my graduation photo, like when you graduate from school or military training, it marks the passing of time and events.

Tomorrow I return my government property and sign out for the last time. Once the big doors click and lock behind me that is it, the career is all over. All the sweat, work, worry, striving is past, gone and my memory there will quickly fade.

My official first day of retirement will be Sunday January 1st 2006. I think it will be like any other day. I will be still packing and cleaning up flitting about until Monday when I pick up the truck, load, clean house and then....Tuesday am hopefully early am on the road to Kentucky. And another adventure begins.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

please visit the library weekly so we can keep up with your adventure... you will be fine... just keep breathing LOL... will be sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Have a fun safe move..the best is yet to be

Finn said...

Wanted to wish you the best of luck and good wishes as you begin retirement, and congratulations on a successful career. I think the farm will be a wonderful place to be, and all that you hope and imagine..*VBS*

OLD CROW FARM said...

Wow, what an adventure!!!! You are really a brave lady to be taking on all your taking but oh how 99% of the people in the world would envy you!!! I too live on a farm but I'm not near as brave as you are...I have all the "modern" conveniences! HA I sure hope you make lots of trips to the library so we'll know what's going on in your life! Good luck and I pray you've had a safe move! Hugs, Sher

Julia said...

Thank you all for the wonderful prayers and encouragement. Today was the day to take on the garage sigh even more stuff...