Monday, February 13, 2006

Telephone Saga Redux




The other day I was doing something that required some thought and I suddenly realized that the dogs were barking ??? I looked out the window and what to my eyes did appear but the vision of not one but two telephone trucks coming up the lane to my house!!!

Oh joy, stared, stunned at the vision of two men, two trucks and yes they where there to complete the installation of the telephone. Yes, it took two men to put one jack in the house, maybe that is why it costs so much....sigh

So I guess I can quit my bitch'n, complain'n and fuss'n about the telephone company ....nah
I am have'n to much fun with this, let's see what happens next....

It is so much fun to use the phone now that I don't have the cord going out the open window :)

It doesn't take much to make me happy I guess.

We had more snow and the weather was snowy cold and windy, I spent most of my time splitting wood and feeding the stoves. Recieved my seed order in the mail next will be the trees I ordered; then the chickens....

I have ordered a new door for the mud room; I sure hope it fits, if it doesn't it will mean a lot of work to make it fit.

I have a backhoe man coming to dig holes to test for the septic and another man coming to fix the metal roof, then there is the electric company, they are supposed to come and survey for the poles to bring in the electric line. Sheesh we are gett'n all modern now ain't we ?

Well nothing has happened yet so I am still using the oil lamps and biffy pot.

Life is good,

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are roughing it this winter. We have had a mild winter though. But we may have some colder weather yet. Ah, phones, electric, and septic tanks...I see improvements on the way!

Peggy said...

Whatever is happening its still good to be happening on your own farm! Glad you got the phone all fixed and hope the electric and plumbing soon follow. My chickens have arrived and I am loving being momma hen.