Saturday, July 29, 2006

Plumbing Project




This will be an on going project. I am putting in a bathroom, at least a shower, sink and toilet. I have torn out the shelves in the pantry and I have reinforced the floor with plywood. I have purchased a toilet and shower stall. I have to build a wall for the stall to be mounted to so it won't fall over.

I have had to learn a lot more about plumbing. It can be complicated. There are many factors to keep in mind at the same time. There is a drain/waste system, a vent system, and a water supply system. I have the drain and vent system in place now without the pieces being glued together so I can adjust and move them as I build around them. I have started the wall. I have the vent going from under the house up through the floor and through the ceiling and out the roof.

My next purchase is a sink and cabinet to put it in, then I will know where the supply and drain lines are to go for the sink and I can drill those holes and fabricate the drain connection for the sink. After that I can start joining the drain pipes together. First everything has to fit.

I will be adding to this post as I go along. I sure hope that it all works well. I haven't done this much plumbing before.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Can you come here when you finish? We have a super small bathroom and are redoing it. Going to take the tub out and just put in a shower stall so we will have more room to turn around in the bathroom. Got to change the sink out too. Can't wait to see how your project goes.

Julia said...

I feel sorry for you if your doing it yourself. Plumbing is a pain in the patoot, and working in a crawl space is some sort of torture.

I don't think I will put in another bathroom again. It is a lot of work and very frustrating.