Friday, September 22, 2006

Fall is on its way


Fall is on it way to the farm. Time to reflect as to what we accomplished and what we didn't accomplish this year. Time to get the wood in and split some kindlin for the stove.
Lots of thinking going on here as to what to do for the winter and what projects to get done before the cold wind blows that white stuff around. Time to think about the future and what it will bring. Summer went by so fast I look back and wonder were did it go?
I am glad that things did get done that I wanted like getting electricity in the first floor rooms, we now have hot water, a real bathroom, the kitchen has cabinets, the barn has a new door to protect the goats.
I wonder what next year will bring?

4 comments:

Peggy said...

loved visiting your farm. Can't wait to see what projects keep you busy this winter. You have everything looking so nice!

Julia said...

Thank you for your kind words Peggy. This has been a most interesting year; buying the farm, moving in, getting through the winter without utilities, getting utilities into the farmstead and all the projects that got done the first year. I have been very busy and there is lots more to do. Got to get those goats bred :) That ought to be interesting :))

Michael Dickson said...

I just read your entire site from Day One. Took a while. I am impressed. You have an incredible amount of energy. You are doing something I dreamed of doing when I was in my late teens. Never did it, of course. You and I are the same age. I bet you were not dreaming of doing this at that time. But maybe you were.

I would like to be doing what you are doing, but with far fewer animals. "Retirement" is not what it used to be, is it?

Buena suerte.

Julia said...

Thank you for reading my blog Michael, I do go on don't I?
I was in love with my Grandparents farm in my teens and every chance I got I spent time there. It wasn't very big a small egg farm on Cape Cod. I thought it was heaven. They sold it when Grandfather died and I had no funds to make an offer. So, I have been playing catch-up with this place. Retirement is pretty much what you make of it, it is just a different chapeter in the book of life.