Saturday, April 15, 2006

I am back-oh you didn't know I was gone?

I took a trip to visit family in Idaho. It has been a long time since I have seen them and I missed them so much. The visit went well, got to spoil the kids and watch them play baseball, and pick them up at school and watch them at Brownies. Children grow so fast in blink they are past each stage of their young lives. (sigh)

We caught up on the comings and goings of the various family members and all the things the children have been up to since I was there last. It was very hard to leave when the time came.
On the way home all I could think about was was how they looked and how much I missed them.

When I got home I found that my dear urban dog had an encounter by the local rural skunk and was still ordor-iffic if you know what I mean. Nothing like a skunked dog in a warm car to enhance the journey home....

The rest of the animals were in fine shape and the house looked good the siding was cleaned in my absence so the house is looking better all the time.

The chickens are now laying five to six eggs a day and all of them are not laying yet... so there are enough eggs to go around. We built an addition for the geese so they can get out of their jail now and get some sun and play in a big wash tub of water. They are still not friendly critters....one of them laid an egg...just one egg... don't know which one either and they ain't tell'n... I spent most of one afternoon catching up on mail... A neighbor has two horses for sale, one is green broke to pull a buggy the other is still a young thing... I am tempted to get them, they are sisters and look very nice and healthy. I would need to get a trainer to help me with them but it might work out....

Since I have been home I have had a refridgerator put in the house and bought a used riding lawn mower. I have mowing all day and I got tangled up in some barbed wire and had to trek back to the house to get my wire cutter and then trek back to the mower. When I started to drive the mower back to the barn to work on getting the rest of the barbed wire cut off the blades I ran out of fuel.... sooo I trekked back to the barn and got the gas can and trekked back to the mower to fill it up. Luckily the mower started and getting the wire off was not a big problem and it still mows :)

Frick and Frack the delinquent geese got out of their encloser today and strutted around the farm looking like they were in charge. So far they have hung around... how long they will is in question, they are very independent critters.

I spent a lot of time in the sun today and I am paying for it now thank goodness I wore a hat.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Don't you just love life on the farm! Anywhere else would be boring.