Friday, June 09, 2006

Photos of the goats



Here are the photos of the goats that have just joined the farm, they sure are lively characters and they try to get into everything. The goats put a lot of life into the old farm. I am just beginning to learn about goats (dairy goats) so this should have some interesting moments. One of the larger goats needed medication on her teat. Well the little lady was not happy with me putting salve on her teat and she tried to kick me and then escape, we went around in circles and finnally I got her against the wall and got the medication on a teat, I just hope it was the correct teat.

The all white one is Snow and she is an escape artist, I don't know how she does it but she gets out and none of the others do. I wish I could catch her in the act of getting out of her side of the barn so I would have an idea how to prevent it. She is so cute and loveable that she comes to me and I just pick her up and put her back in the stall.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

They are beautiful! Snow just wants you to be her herd and misses you when you aren't where she can see you so goes looking for you. :)

Julia said...

Veronica I got your comment and tried to post it but the system lost it. I hope you send another comment.
Grandma Kay

Julia said...

Peggy
This goat thing is a whole new experience for me I worry that I will do something wrong and hurt somebody.
I know once I have gone through some of the life events of goats I will do fine, but until then I worry.

Peggy said...

your goats will train you in what to do. Miss Diva has pretty well got me understanding what she wants or needs. You will learn fast and wonder why you didn't get them sooner!

Anonymous said...

I am thoroughly enjoying your "journey" in the country. Thanks for keeping up this blog !

Julia said...

Gina;
Glad you enjoy the blog. I must admit that this farm is a lot of work. However living in the country is the bonus.