Friday, August 18, 2006

Bathroom Project update




Things are progressing, I have a functional bathroom, not finnished yet still have a lot to do but it can be used. The toilet flushes the sink drains the shower works. Some things still have to be done and or redone; the electrical fixtures have to be put in, the drywall installed, the wax ring for the toilet reinstalled, painting, trim work and flooring installed. We are getting there just taking a lot more time, effort and money than I first thought. There is so much work to putting all this together it can be over whelming.

Had a little leak around the bottom of the toilet so that ment the was seal wasn't working. Removed the toilet; undid the tank, and pulled up the toilet, cleaned off the the old wax seal added the new wax seal and added another for good measure, put the whole sheebang back together again under an hour and a half. Practise makes perfect or almost perfect. Will have to wait till the wood floor dries out to see if the new wax seal is working or not. I sure hope it is I don't want to get to good at this toilet plumbing stuff :)

I just keep at it until I get it done; little by little. Sure have learned a lot.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I am amazed at everything you do! Want to come do my bathroom? LOL

Anonymous said...

Your blog is delightful. My mom works for Customs in Savannah and so I found it very interesting that you went from that particular job to a country retirement. Your transition to country life has been a delight to read. (and I think that you should one day market your blog entries into a book) ---We are moving to the KY area ourselves in the next year so I particurally am amazed with the tid-bits that you have provided in your daily post. (we are moving to the lake Barkley area of the state) I find your amish post fascinating and riched with a more relaxed, simplistic, but heartfelt love in the way they live. Much success and Blessings to you!

Julia said...

Carmen
Thanks for your comments. I admire the Amish for sticking to their priciples in world filled with temptations to break from the fold.

I worked for Customs on the Mexican Border and that should have been a book! I thought it was a fun job there as that was the place you never could predict what would happen from one day to the next.

Hope you enjoy your move to Kentucky just take it as it comes.

Kay