Friday, May 23, 2008

Got her ready for the sale





Spent all day yesterday moving stuff around and loading two hay wagons with stuff for the sale. A lot of thought goes into an Auction sale and I deferred to the ones with the know how about how things work.

We have had several folks drop in on us to look at the tractor and a few more to check out the furniture and other stuff. First thing this morning a two men drove up in the yard and started looking at the tractor, they got a surprise when they turned around and Samantha was standing there with her 9mm. They had driven around our pick up truck that was blocking the driveway to stop folks from dropping in like they did. They were very apologetic just farmers getting an early start and wanted to check out the Tractor before the sale. When I saw Samantha with the pistol the song "Put that pistol down Momma" kept playing in my head and after then men left I laughed about how this would add to our lore in the neighborhood. I was the last one to that party as I was still fighting my way out of my sleeping bag when Samantha went out the door.

No comments: