Saturday, May 19, 2007

First Cut of hay this year







This weekend the hay field got cut for the first time. It looks like it will be a good cut, won't know
for sure until it is rolled up and in the barn. There is no rain forecast for the next few days so
maybe the hay won't get rained on like last year.

The garden is coming along, not as fast as I would like, but the past few days have been colder
than usual and that is holding the plants back. For the garden we could use rain, for the hay it would be problematic. It will all work out it usually does.

I went to two auctions today and I didn't buy a tractor, the first tractor was to used up to be a
good buy and the second was to large and powerful for my purposes also to much money.

Just a cool Spring weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks the same as ours. We have some warm days and then a cold snap. Not enough to do damage, just enough to keep the ground cool. Hope you can find a tractor soon. I know it will be a big help to you.

Julia said...

I should be grateful, last year the potatoes were under water. Last spring was very wet and the garden soil being mostly clay didn't drain well and the water sat on top of the ground, therefor the potatoes drowned. I was so busy last Spring doing other projects I couldn't give the garden the attention it needed to combat the conditions of poor soil and bad weather, hence not much of a garden. This year things are looking up for a better harvest.

Peggy said...

We are having the same kind of weather too so things are a little behind.