Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Hay Gets Rolled





The neighbors came here today and rolled the hay that was just cut. The number of rolls was disappointing only nine rolls for six acres. That is way off what should have come from that field. We are way behind in rain for the year and if this keeps up it will be a drought and that is not a good thing. Neighbor lady across the road has one well with a level now below where she can pump the water, around here that is very unusual.

I will just keep on hand watering the garden to keep things alive until it rains, the garden peas are late this year not one blossom so far this Spring, I love those sweet little peas; raw or cooked doesn't matter to me as long as there are lots of 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you still haven't had rain. When I saw the tractor pictures I was hoping you'd found one. We still haven't had rain either. Hope your well continues to hold up for you.