Monday, May 07, 2007

Opps made an error


The last post had a typo that caused a stir, I typed that a farm went for 25K when it actually
was sold for 253K, an astounding amount of money considering that the property has two utility right of ways one for high power electric lines and another for natural gas. This effects the use of the property by the owner. However the land is close to town so there is interest in developing the land for residential use (rumor). I wouldn't want to live under those high voltage lines. Each to their own I guess. If I caused any distress because of my typing error I apologise.

So all you folks that were packing your bags and heading to Kentucky to buy a 25k farm maybe you should think about it cause there aren't any 74 acre farms going for 25k these days. In fact the price of land has been going up. It amazes the locals they remember when there were farms for less than a hundred thousand, working farms at that, those days are gone.

No comments: