Saturday, May 05, 2007

Local auction




I went to a local auction this Saturday morning my goal was to buy a farm tractor. The farm its self was up for sale at the auction and the 74 acres with barns and small house went for 253K. A lot of equipment was up for sale including gates, hay wagons, tools, haying equipment, small vehicles, trailers and my interest, three tractors. One of the tractors a Ford with a front end loader took my interest. I ended up in a biding war with my Vet! I reached my limit and then he was in a contest with someone else, he got the tractor. I got to go shopping somewhere else.

Auctions are a community event, lots of gossip, handshakes, loud talk, renewing of acquaintances and catching up on the local and family news.

Some auctions last all day and are an endurance contest I am going to one this coming weekend, the Amish School Auction, it will last all day. One has to be prepared for such an event and up to it physically and mentally. Oh yes, don't forget your wallet :) At least at the Amish Auction lunch will be available, as the notice says the Amish ladies will provide lunch and refreshments :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

You sure have been busy! Hope you find your tractor soon.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your blog and what amazing progress you have made with the farm. Good luck finding the perfect tractor for your needs.
Victoria